CBD massage is going in popularity among both therapists and clients. Most Americans have heard of CBD. In fact, 14% of Americans already use CBD products, according to Gallup, with 11% using topicals. CBD products are a health-and-wellness trend that is here to stay and is projected to keep growing.
Whether they have tried CBD topicals for themselves and experienced the benefits or are curious but haven’t taken the leap yet, many of your clients are looking to you for guidance about this healing compound. Word-of-mouth can be a huge motivator in getting someone to try CBD products for the first time, and an endorsement from a trusted source can often be the reason someone decides to make a purchase.
As a professional in the health-and-wellness space, you have an opportunity to share the benefits of CBD topicals while growing your business at the same time.
7 Things Your CBD Massage Product Label Should Tell You
To qualify the cost benefits for you and your client, look for the following in a CBD massage product:
1. CBD extracted from hemp with independent certification showing it contains less than 0.3% TCH and no prohibited impurities by federal law allows it to be sold and applied. Third-party validation records should easily be found on the company’s website.
2. The CBD massage product label should clearly state the quantity of pure CBD in the bottle.
3. The CBD massage product label should clearly state the type of CBD: extract, isolate or distillate.
4. The CBD massage product label should clearly state how much CBD is in each application. This will allow you to up-charge a specific amount of dollars for specific amounts of CBD, per treatment.
5. The CBD massage product should be specifically formulated to stabilize and deliver the CBD and other botanical extracts that may be part of the formula. This allows the most benefit to be realized by the consumer. Be wary of products that are simply a hydrating lotion mixed with CBD or a simple brown-dropper bottle with a blend of oil and CBD.
6. The CBD massage product should contain enough actual CBD so you can effectively spot-treat an area of the body where it is needed, rather than spreading a low percentage of CBD over the entire body. Spot-treating with an effectively formulated product containing a good quantity of CBD per dose gives you more control and the consumer more benefit from the product.
7. Many customers want a non-menthol experience.Menthol is used in many CBD products, but for many people its cooling sensation ruins the CBD experience. Use novel products formulated with large amounts of CBD and other herbal extracts so clients can receive a truly botanical experience and appreciate your healing touch.
CBD + Massage = Profits
Selling CBD topical products at your practice can generate significant profit. There are two ways to do this: selling the product for take-home use; and selling services that incorporate CBD, such as a CBD relaxation massage or a CBD muscle-and-joint massage.
Let’s say you carry an inventory of CBD massage products in your lobby to sell to customers. As an example, if a product is sold at a wholesale price of $29.99 with a suggested retail of $49.99, that means you make $20 per bottle at retail.
It gets even better. Let’s look at massage treatment with a $20 upcharge for a CBD spot treatment on that customer’s specific troublesome area. Let’s say in that $29.99 wholesale-priced bottle there are 50 pumps with 20 milligrams of CBD per pump. At a $20 upcharge for each CBD treatment (one pump of 20 milligrams on that needed spot), that equates to additional revenue of $1,000 per bottle.
How to calculate revenue generated (as an example): One bottle = 50 pumps x $20 per application = $1,000 revenue.
For customers looking for a boosted treatment, application of two pumps priced at $25 could yield $500 per bottle. That’s two pumps resulting in 25 boosted applications per bottle x $25 per application = $500 additional revenue per bottle.
Selling retail could yield $20 additional revenue per bottle while selling services could result in anywhere from $500 to $1,000 additional revenue per bottle.
The bottom line? Incorporating CBD massage products into your practice can generate substantial financial benefits.
Meet Clients’ Needs with CBD Massage
There are many other reasons to incorporate CBD massage products into your business. Here are a few to think about:
• Your customers are talking about it. Your massage clients have already heard about CBD, and they have questions. They come to you to seek your opinion on services and products related to massage and expect that you are up to date on the latest information in the CBD topicals space. Carrying CBD topical products shows you’ve done the research and can answer clients’ questions.
• Your customers want to try it. Having CBD product available in a service allows customers to try the product without committing to the cost of a full bottle. It is less intimidating to them because it is being applied by a professional. There is no uncertainty about them using it the right way or not.
• Your customers have health concerns. Many of your clients visit you because they have targeted health concerns. The reason so many people are talking about CBD is they have seen results. If you can help a client achieve results they can feel with CBD massage, you create a customer for life.
About Herb Tech Pharma
Herb Tech products are developed by Herb Tech, a pharmaceutical company that understands how to formulate with such natural extracts as CBD and how to best deliver that experience to consumers. All of Herb Tech’s’ products exceed the industry standards of pure CBD per bottle, are formulated with a patent-pending penetration-and-stability formulation science, and are in dose-controlled packaging so you know exactly how much you are applying. Herb Tech’s products are rigorously tested to ensure the highest quality. We source our hemp from one of the oldest USDA-approved hemp growers, located in Kentucky. Our product lines are blended with herbal extracts to address specific lifestyle needs. This helps you and the consumer better understand when and why to use the products.